Freight Broker Sales Representative
Earnings of an Agent, with the Security of Employment
Description: PVT Transportation, Inc. a west coast based National flatbed and van carrier is planning to expand business opportunities through brokerage / 3PL strategies. We are looking for a self-starter who is highly motivated to help build and operate our brokerage division. The ideal candidate in this role will be soliciting new and existing customers for freight, sourcing carriers, generating new business leads, and creating and maintaining STRONG customer relationships. We are looking for someone who is competitive, professional, organized and has a strong drive to succeed. We are committed to paying a competitive base salary with bonus commissions for generating new business with superior revenue and profit margin. Will operate from the terminal location daily.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Travel to terminal location
- Negotiations with carriers and customers
- Anticipating problems and being proactive in problem solving
- Communicating effectively with customers, both internal and external.
- Performs other duties as assigned/requested.
- At least 2 years prior experience working as a Freight Broker Sales Representative in the Transportation Industry
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to handle heavy telephone work.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills needed to manage multiple requests.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join an established 50 year old company and make a huge impact! Compensation for this position is negotiable depending on experience and/or customer/truck following. If you meet the minimum qualifications above, and have a strong customer and carrier following, we would like to meet you. For immediate consideration, please email your resume and salary history to: Lewis at [email protected]
Operations Support Broker/Dispatcher
Freight Broker/Dispatch: PVT is looking for an experienced Broker/Dispatcher responsible for developing and managing relationships with carriers and customers to ensure customers goals and requirements are met. Will be responsible for growing revenue, approving spot requests and obtaining rate agreements. Additional responsibilities include soliciting truck load and volume shipments, tracking shipments and will Negotiates rates for Shippers and carriers. Maintains customer relations and communicates with customers to solicit business and provide solutions to problems.
- Responsible for developing new and/or servicing business for the brokerage division including truckload, less-than truckload, special projects, and other forms of supply chain logistics
- Identify and develop leads for brokered shipments
- Present and sell PVT services to current and potential customers primarily through the use of electronic and telephonic communication
- Perform freight services according to company and government regulations
- Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities
- Negotiate pricing for transportation services from carriers
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services
- Develop new sales strategies to improve business
- Track and report shipment status to customers
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred but at minimum a HS Diploma
- 2-4 years of experience in a third party logistics environment is required
- Brokerage or Transportation related certification preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products required (ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets)
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task while maintaining continuity between related tasks
This a full time salaried position. The position provides a competitive base salary with benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays. 401k, and profit sharing are available.
Class A Driver
a relief driver for our customer routes
This is the perfect opportunity for drivers that want to make OTR pay and be home with the family every week!
We are looking for a relief driver for our customer routes. This position will require two CA- TX runs per month (home each weekend) and two weeks of local delivers in southern California.
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plans Available
- Paid Vacation
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick Leave
To operate a Tractor-Trailer vehicle, observing all road, highway and DOT guidelines, in a safe and efficient manner, and to maintain a timely schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2 years prior experience of OTR driving experience
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A required
- Operate Tractor-Trailer and/or straight truck in a safe and efficient manner
- Deliver merchandise to assigned customers
- Pick up back-hauls and return merchandise
- Complete all required paperwork and logs at the end of each trip
- Maintain contact with Dispatch and accounts customers as required
- Other duties and special projects as requested
- Must maintain good attendance
- Maintain safe work practices
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers, and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.